Yellow Squash Raw Hummus
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Pine nuts, curry, cayenne, and paprika give this creative recipe a decidedly Indian flavor. Why wait for a special occassion? Have it tonight!
- 2 medium yellow squash (peeled and sliced in 1” pieces)
- ½ cup pine nuts (soaked 6 hours and drained)
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp curry
- 1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- Pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- Pinch of paprika
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves (minced)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (diced)
- Place all ingredients except parsley and olives in food processor with an “S” blade and process until creamy. (If too thin, add some more almond butter.)
- Spoon into bowl and stir in parsley and olives. Cover and store in the refrigerator. It will keep refrigerated for several days.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.