Here's a tasty chili recipe that will bring about some tummy warming on a cold winters day.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 red peppers (diced)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 3 (28 ounce cans whole tomatoes (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions, seasonings with bay leaves, and salt. Stir until onion is clear in color.
- Then stir in celery, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Then add beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in corn, and it is ready to serve following a huge salad, along with some hearty, whole grain bread.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.