Submitted By: Rev. George and Rhonda Malkmus
Simple, delicious, and incredibly good for your health, hummus is a staple in many countries and has become a favorite for many on The Hallelujah Diet.
- 16 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley leaves and shake of paprika (optional)
- In food processor with the “S” blade in place and running, drop the garlic into the chute and run until minced.
- With machine still running, place garbanzo beans into chute.
- Then add lemon juice, olive oil, almond butter and seasonings.
- Process until mixed well and creamy.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add garnishes.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: Makes an excellent and tasty replacement for mayonnaise on pita pockets, sandwich breads and wraps.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.