Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Here is one of our favorite raw summer salad recipes while fresh garden tomatoes are in season.
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat (soaked in 2 cups distilled water 30 minutes and drained)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered or halved)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 2 cups flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves (minced)
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- Rinse bulgur wheat several times and then soak in distilled water for 30 minutes.
- Quarter or halve cherry tomatoes.
- Clean parsley leaves removing stems and chop fine.
- Cut green onions in ¼ in lengths.
- Place drained bulgur wheat into a serving bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Cover bowl and allow to cool in refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
- Stir well once again before serving.
Serve on a bed of lettuce. ENJOY!
Options: Add 1 peeled and diced cucumber and/or ½ teaspoon allspice.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.