Sunflower Almond Nut Loaf
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
This loaf is an excellent source of protein! Served with a nice leafy green salad, this loaf makes a delicious and nutritious meal. This recipe is taken from Rhonda's book Recipes for Life from God's Garden.
- ½ cup hulled sunflower seeds (soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed)
- ¾ cup almonds (soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup celery (finely chopped)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (diced fine)
- ½ cup carrot (shredded or chopped fine)
- ¼ cup sweet red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced fine)
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- ¼ cup dehydrated tomato flakes
- Process soaked seeds and nuts through a Champion or Green Life juicer using solid blank instead of screen OR process in a food processor with the “S” blade till creamy.
- Add previously prepared remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf, cover, and allow to sit on the counter outside the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours for flavors to mingle.
- Can be served on a bed of leafy greens surrounded by thinly sliced lengthwise carrots to decorate.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.