Raw Couscous & Tomato Salad
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
The ultimate summer salad recipe!
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced or 2 Tablespoon dried
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced or 1 Tablespoon dried
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Juice of 1 lemon along with zest from that lemon
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne
- Bring a small-size saucepan of water (with a half- teaspoon of unrefined sea salt added) to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the couscous and return to boiling.
- Immediately shut off heat, cover, and allow to steam 5-minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest and cayenne.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the couscous, parsley, cilantro, mint, tomatoes, and scallions.
- Toss with the lemon and oil mixture and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Allow to sit for at least a half hour so the flavors can marry.
Options: Add: 1/4 cup halved black olives and/or ½ a cucumber, diced fine
Rhonda’s Kitchen Tip: For a gluten-free recipe, substitute millet or quinoa in place of the couscous.
*ORGANIC INGREDIENTS ARE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.