Rhonda's Gazpacho Soup
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Here's a five-star recipe that's just as healthy as it is refreshing. Remember to keep the skins! They contain the greatest concentration of lycopene, which is a powerful anti-cancer nutrient, and acts as a low grade sunscreen from the inside out!
Check out this video in HATV: Skin Deep - The Beauty of Tomatoes.
- 3 cups vine ripe tomatoes (diced)
- ½ cup distilled water
- 2 cups cucumbers (peeled and diced)
- 2 celery ribs (diced fine)
- ½ red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 3 green onions (sliced fine)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- Place water and half of the tomatoes in a Vita-Mix or other powerful blender or food processor with an “S” blade and puree.
- Pour into a bowl and add remaining tomatoes and other ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill.
- Serve chilled, garnished with minced parsley or chives. ENJOY
- Add 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- For a sweeter soup, add 4 Medjool dates (soaked one hour and drained) to Step One.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.