Rhonda's Basil Pesto*****
This recipe is absolutely delicious, and can be used in a variety of ways.
- 2 cups basil leaves (rinsed and patted dry with a towel)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (soaked one hour and drained)
- 2 small or 1 large garlic (peeled & minced)
- ¼ cup Vegetarian (rice) Parmesan Cheese
- (optional, but adds a lot of flavor)
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt Small pinch cayenne pepper ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place above ingredients, except olive oil in food processor with the 'S' blade and blend till creamy.
- Then drizzle olive oil into chute while running. Scrape sides and blend again until oil is fully mixed with other ingredients.
- It is now ready to be mixed into cooked pasta or spread over pizza crust.
- (This recipe is a 5 star if the Vegetarian cheese is omitted, but becomes a 1 star when used.) ENJOY!
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.