Raw Walnut Paté Stuffed Tomatoes
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Fresh, cool, and gourmet, too! A chilled, savory treat for anyone who loves the fresh taste of a fresh ripe tomatoes and Italian spices. Serves 2.
- 2 large tomatoes, tops removed and inside pulp gently removed (keep pulp for paté and save tops)
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts (soaked overnight and drained)
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage OR 1 tsp ground
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano OR 1 tsp ground
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme OR 1 tsp dried
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (sliced thin)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 celery ribs (diced fine)
- Except for tomato shells and fold-in items, place all ingredients in food processor with “S” blade, including removed tomato pulp.
- Process to a paste-like consistency.
- Place into a bowl and add prepared fold-in ingredients and mix well.
- Gently stuff tomato shells and replace tops, securing with a toothpick if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator, and garnish with thinly sliced fresh chives or minced parsley prior to serving.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.