Submitted By: Rev. George Malkmus
Before adopting the Hallelujah Diet in 1976, Rev. Malkmus loved cornbread! After adopting The Hallelujah Diet and learning of the dangers of the sugar and unhealthy fats found in most corn breads, he got the bright idea of trying to make a healthy cornbread. Here is that recipe!
In first bowl, combine:
- ½ cup of corn meal
- ½ cup rye flour
- ½ cup unbleached wheat flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 2 tsp Rumford (aluminum-free) baking powder
- 1 cup hot distilled water
- 1 ½ Tbsp organic, unfiltered honey
- 1 Tbsp organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin or 8-inch skillet with liquid lecithin.
- Mix wet ingredients well until honey is dissolved.
- Add dry ingredients and quickly stir to mix well.
- Pour mixed ingredients into the muffin tins or skillet.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and serve,
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.