Fresh Strawberry Pie
A delicious Springtime treat!
- 1 3/4 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight then drained 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 3/4 cup ground sunflower seeds 1/2 cup ground rolled oats
- 7 or 8 large ripe strawberries
- 5 soft pitted dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon agar agar flakes
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries cut into quarters
- Soak almonds overnight, then drain and place in food processor with an S blade.
- Alternate dates, almonds, seeds and oats until all ingredients have been run through.
- Process until a soft dough forms.
- Place dough between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Roll until crust is about 1/4" thick.
- Peel off the top layer of plastic wrap and place a lightly oiled pie plate on top of it. Gently slide your hand under the crust and plate, picking it up and inverting it. Remove the remaining plastic wrap. Press the dough into the pie plate. Makes 10" crust.
Note: Crust can be made in Green Power or Green Life or Champion juicers by using the closed blank rather than the screen. If using the Green Life or Green Power, leave the adjusting knob out.
- Combine agar agar and apple juice.
- bring to a boil for one minute, simmer an additional minute.
- Remove from heat.
- While juice is cooling slightly, blend other ingredients in a food processor or blender until well mixed.
- Combine with apple juice mixture.
- gently fold strawberries into binder. Carefully fill crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour before serving.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.