Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Want something different to spice up your holiday snacks? You've found it! Rhonda's Cranberry Salsa hits the spot — perfect for your next fall or winter get-together!
- Cranberries (one 12 oz package)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
- 1 Anjou pear (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
- 1/2 large or one small red bell pepper (seeded and diced fine)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 red onion (diced fine)
- 1/4 cup freshly extracted apple juice (or bottled organic)
- 2/3 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- Pinch of cayenne (to taste)
- Sort and discard soft or blemished cranberries.
- Rinse cranberries in cold water and drain.
- Place cranberries in food processor with “S” blade and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold-in apple, pear, red pepper, green onion, red onion, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together apple juice, honey, cilantro leaves, cumin, lime juice, lime zest, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Chill before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Serve on toasted tortilla wedges!
- Warm tortillas by heating in a 375 degree oven.
- Cut into wedges, place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake until crisp (about 8 minutes).
- Now dip into the cranberry salsa!
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.
Make your taste buds stand up and cheer!