Submitted By: Everyday Gluten-Free by Kim Wilson
Are you lethargic? Do you often get brain fog? You might be sensitive to gluten! Gluten de-sensitizes important nutrient absorbers in the colon called "villi". When villi cannot absorb nutrients, the body suffers, and the brain is the first to feel the effects.
Try going gluten-free, starting with this tasty bread, found in the Everyday Gluten-Free recipe book by Kim Wilson!
- 1 cup brown rice
- ¾ cup millet (or millet and buckwheat groats)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Optional: 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Soak brown rice, millet, apple cider vinegar and sesame seeds (optional) in plenty of water for at least 8 hours (overnight). Drain well.
- Place soak ingredients in a blender with blender ingredients and blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients through a sieve and whisk into blended batter to avoid lumps.
- Pour into an oiled pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.