Better Than Spanish Rice
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Who would ever guess that you could make a rice dish without rice? Well, in this recipe Rhonda uses raw cauliflower to make a very tasty version of a well known dish.
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and mashed)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp curcumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced fine)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced fine)
- 3 scallions (sliced fine)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp raw unfiltered honey
- Place avocado and seasonings in a bowl and mash with a fork to mix well. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower in food processor with “S” blade and pulse until consistency of rice.
- Pour "rice" into a bowl with avocados and seasonings, add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.