Basil Pesto Hummus
Submitted By: Rhonda Malkmus
Hummus can be used as a dip or stuffing for celery, a dip for carrot, red pepper, cauliflower or broccoli florets, or with healthy crackers, corn chips, as a spread on sandwiches, etc. This is a very tasty recipe and takes only minutes to prepare!
- 1 can (15 oz) of garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup sweet basil leaves (packed)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Place garbanzo beans and garlic in food processor with “S” blade and process until creamy, stopping machine to scrape sides to insure all ingredients are processed.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse the machine until basil has become small pieces.
- Place in container and refrigerate. Keeps refrigerated for at least a week.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.