Apricot Fruit Tarts
Yield: 6 tarts or one 8-inch pie
- 1-1/2 cups almonds, soaked overnight, drained and dried
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted, soaked 2 hours and drained
- 1 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean, ground or 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- A few drops of apple juice, if necessary, to create the dough-like consistency.
Fruit Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup dried organic apricots, cut into small pieces
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried organic apples, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp raw unfiltered honey or other sweetener
- 1 Tbsp flaxseeds, ground
- Place a small amount of liquid lecithin on a paper towel and lightly oil bottoms and sides of a 6-cup muffin tin or pie plate and set aside.
- Process all of the above ingredients in food processor with S-blade to dough consistency and divide crust ingredients into 6 equal parts and roll into balls.
- To form tarts, press 1 crust ball into each muffin tin and shape to fit tin, freeze.
- When tarts are frozen, carefully remove them from muffin tin.
Option: To make a pie, place crust ingredients in pie plate and spread to fill pie pan.
Fruit Filling Directions:
- Cut apricots and dates in small pieces and place in a small bowl and cover with distilled water and soak 30 minutes.
- While apricots and dates are soaking, cut apples into small pieces and place in another small mixing bowl along with raisins.
- Drain apricots and dates, squeezing out excess water and add to raisin and apple mixture.
- Fold in almond butter, ground flaxseeds and sweetener and mix well to coat all fruit.
- Fill prepared tart shells with fruit mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Top with a dollop of Whipped Walnut “Cream” (recipe online at www.hahealthnews.com/recipes).
Optional: Pie Instructions
- To make a pie, pour prepared filling into crust, cover and place in refrigerator to chill.
Spruce up your salads, enjoy a dessert and make every meal a treat.
Type a keyword or choose a category to search our Hallelujah Diet recipe section.