The Hallelujah Recovery Diet
Aggressive Nutritional Support For Self-healing
The Hallelujah Recovery Diet is especially encouraged to support your body's healing efforts when battling cancer or other chronic diseases, if you are considering or currently undergoing traditional protocols like chemotherapy and radiation.
The concentrated nutrition supports the immune system’s efforts at self healin, often reduces the negative side effects of these toxic treatments, and leads to better results.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
While The Hallelujah Diet provides the body with the resources it needs to maintain great health, The Hallelujah Recovery Diet is intended to increase nutritional power to assist the body in its efforts to fight disease. There are several key differences:
- Sugar: The Hallelujah Recovery Diet is very restrictive regarding even healthy sugars because sugar feeds cancer cells. Cancer cells absorb many more times as much sugar as normal cells which allows the cancer to grow.
– The Hallelujah Recovery Diet suggests eliminating all forms of concentrated sugars including refined sugars, dried fruits, fruit juices, honey, maple syrup, and sugar substitutes (except stevia).
– Small amounts of low-sugar fruit are acceptable. Fruit intake should not exceed 15% of your total diet.
– Vegetable juices should consist of 2/3 carrot juice and 1/3 greens to balance the sugar from the carrots.
- Fats: Cancer also feeds on fats (and oils) even those considered healthy, like avocados and olive oil. Therefore, The Hallelujah Recovery Diet suggests no fats from nuts, seeds, (except flax seed), or avocados, no oils of any kind except flax seed oil (men with prostate issues may experience better results when getting their Omega 3 from ground flax seed instead of flax seed oil) and/or Pharmax Finest Pure fish oil, available through Hallelujah Acres.
- Increased Nutrition: When fighting disease, it is imperative to remove all toxic foods from the diet (such as sugars and fats) and eat as many raw vegetables as possible. To further boost nutritional concentration, The Hallelujah Recovery Diet DOUBLES the number of daily servings of nutrient-rich BarleyMax and vegetable juices (2/3 carrot and 1/3 greens) — one serving every waking hour.
- Start with BarleyMax at 7:00 a.m.
- Then a vegetable juice at 8:00 a.m.
- Have another BarleyMax at 9:00 a.m.
- Alternate the two juices every hour (skip juice during the lunch and supper hour and extend juices into the early evening).
WHY SO MUCH JUICE?
Juicing is the most efficient way to nourish the body at the cellular level. Alternating the consumption of freshly extracted vegetable juice with a serving of BarleyMax on an hourly basis will provide the body with powerful nutrition in an easy to assimilate form. These 12, hourly juices flood the body with a broad spectrum of naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and trace elements consistently throughout the day, which the body uses to rebuild itself.
In addition to excellent nutrition and abundant fresh juices, additional supplementation gives the body a concentrated boost of certain nutrients that help the body’s self-healing ability. Hallelujah Acres carries all supplements needed to support this program.
Toxin Removal: As the body begins cleansing, it is important that the toxins are eliminated timely and efficiently through proper bowel function (2 to 3 well-formed stools daily). A good fiber supplement such as Hallelujah Acres’ Fiber Cleanse may be helpful to achieve this. (Fiber Cleanse is not designed for long-term use or for pregnant or lactating women. If on medication, consult with your pharmacist for any possible interaction with the herbs in Fiber Cleanse before using.)
Digestive Enzymes: Using 1 capsule of Hallelujah Acres’ Digestive Enzyme supplement with each juice and 2 to 4 with each meal for the first 3 to 4 weeks will maximize the absorption of nutrients from these foods. Afterwards, reduce to 2 capsules with each meal containing cooked food.
Probiotics: Aggressive use of a good Probiotic supplement will help rebuild a healthy balance of intestinal flora. The probiotic should be capable of delivering probiotics to the entire digestive tract and contain 10 billion CFU (colony forming units). Suggested serving is 2 such probiotics daily for the first 2 to 4 weeks and then 1 daily thereafter.
Curcumin: Curcumin is the biologically active extract of the turmeric spice, which supplies the body with an abundance of free radical fighting nutrients. Hallelujah Acres suggests one capsule of Hallelujah Acres’ BioCurcumin daily. BioCurcumin contains BCM-95 and 5 to 7 times more bio-availability than traditional curcumin supplements.
Iodine: Iodine supplementation supports the thyroid and the immune system. Hallelujah Acres suggests one drop of Iosol brand liquid iodine supplement daily. Most people - especially those battling chronic diseases - would benefit from at least 3 to 6 mg of iodine daily. Iosol liquid provides 1.83 mg per drop and the scored Iodoral tablet supplies 12.5 mg per tablet
Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 offers a broad range of health benefits especially for those fighting serious disease, but sun exposure (especially in winter) is often not enough. Recent research indicates that servings up to 5,000 - 10,000 IU per day may be needed to achieve optimal blood levels. Optimal blood levels of Vitamin D are 50 to 80 ng/ml. Hallelujah Acres offers a superior vitamin D3 supplement (5,000 IU per capsule).
Essential Fatty Acids: When following a plant-based diet, it is important to ensure that a good source of essential fats is available: 1 to 2 Tbsp of flax seed oil or 3 to 4 Tbsp of ground Flax Seed daily. If dealing with prostate issues, research suggests the use of ground flax seed rather than the oil. One teaspoon of Pharmax fish oil daily will meet the DHA needs of the body.
Vitamin B12: This supplement is fundamental to the both The Hallelujah Diet and The Hallelujah Recovery Diet.
HOW DO I KEEP TRACK OF ALL THIS?
Consider making an hourly “juicing and supplement” chart so you can visually check off your progress throughout each day. Making a chart helps create a routine that becomes second nature.
PLEASE NOTE: Physical problems do not develop overnight — they don’t go away overnight, either. It may take as long as 12 to 18 months of following an aggressive nutrition plan to provide the body with the best opportunity for rebuilding when facing illness and disease.