Foods To Avoid
Avoiding Foods That Cause Problems
Don't Just Remove. Replace!
There's no need to go hungry on The Hallelujah Diet. There's a healthy alternative for almost everything you crave.
Watch out for these!
What most people do not realize is that almost every physical problem they experience, other than accidents, has a diet related cause.
Because our physical body is designed by God to be nourished with living (raw) foods, it is imperative that the greatest percentage of our daily food intake be composed of raw foods—and that we avoid the foods that are causing the problems in the first place.
Here are a list of foods that are excluded from The Hallelujah Diet. Although this list is far from comprehensive, using it as a guide will help you determine whether or not other foods are beneficial.
- Coffee (grain coffees like Pero and Roma are fine)
- Teas containing caffeine (caffeine-free herb teas are fine)
- Carbonated beverages and soft drinks
- All artificial and sugar containing drinks, sport drinks, and all juices containing preservatives, refined salt, sugar, and artificial sweeteners
Refined sugar suppresses the immune system and prevents its ability to protect us from germs, viruses, and bad bacteria. One 12 oz soft drink contains approximately 11 teaspoons of sugar and if consumed daily for one year, adds 15 pounds of weight.
- All milk, cheese, ice cream, whipped toppings, and non-dairy creamers
Cow milk and cheese are some of the most dangerous foods we can place into our body. Read Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s book, The China Study for documentation (it will change your life).
Soy Milk and other Soy Products
- Most soy products should be avoided
Soy is high in estrogen. The estrogen in soy formulas has been known to cause baby girls to develop breast buds as young as two years of age, and the age of puberty, which should be past the age of 15 years, is now as early as 8, 9, and 10 years.
The growth hormones in animal flesh and dairy are also contributing to this problem. Estrogen can be a contributing factor in all female cancers, and the high protein content of soy can actually feed cancers.
- Canned and sweetened fruits
- Non-organic and sulfured dried fruits
- Refined, bleached flour products, most cold breakfast cereals, and white rice
Refined grains are devoid of fiber and thus one of the leading causes of constipation. Animal-source foods are also totally devoid of fiber.
All Meats and Eggs
- Beef, pork, fish, chicken, eggs, turkey, hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon, sausage, bologna, etc.
All animal-source foods are harmful to the body and are the cause of up to 90% of all physical problems. Eliminating animal source foods can practically eliminate the fear of having a heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular problems, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, heartburn, gout, acid stomach, and the list goes on and on.
Certain Nuts and Seeds
- All roasted and/or salted seeds and nuts
Peanuts in particular are not a nut but a legume, and very difficult to digest.
- All lard, margarine, shortenings, and anything containing hydrogenated oils or trans fats
- Refined table salt and any seasonings containing it
Unlike mineral-rich unrefined salt, which is beneficial, refined table salt is devoid of such minerals, containing 97% to 99% sodium chloride. It is a leading cause of high blood pressure. Celtic or Eden Sea Salt, a natural, unrefined salt from the sea, is a good choice.
- Any canned, packaged, or creamed soups containing salt or dairy products
- All refined white or brown sugar (brown sugar is simply refined white sugar with some molasses added for color)
- Sugar syrups
- Chocolate (carob is a wonderful chocolate substitute)
- Candy, gum, cookies, donuts, cakes, pies, or other products containing refined sugars or artificial sweeteners
Acceptable sweeteners include raw unfiltered honey, stevia, agave nectar, and pure maple syrup (use any of these sparingly).
- All canned vegetables with added salt or preservatives
- Vegetables fried in oil
Though these are not foods, most are addictive and very destructive within the body:
- Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- Many over the counter and doctor-prescribed drugs
NOTE: Do not discontinue doctor prescribed drugs without doctor’s permission.